Will Jarrod be able to be at the birth?
- No and hopefully yes - Jarrod will be in Afghanistan when this baby is born. We have already spoken to my doctor about using Freedom Calls (check http://www.freedomcalls.org/ for more info) as long as the hospital can accommodate it. Now we just have to wait for Jarrod to talk to his command to see if they will okay it. Freedom Calls centers are located all over Iraq and Afghanistan so that service members can be in live contact with their family for major events.
When is the baby due?
- The due date is April 10, 2010, but since Jarrod will be in Afghanistan, the doctors are going to induce labor so that family can be out here to take care of Trenton. The doctors at the practice try to wait until 39 weeks to induce unless there is a medical reason to induce sooner. Because I had Trenton at 38 weeks, they aren't setting an induction date just yet. They are going to wait until I'm into my third trimester to see how things are progressing, and then they'll decide on an induction date from there.
How far apart in age will Trenton and the new baby be?
- They will probably be about 14 1/2 months apart depending on when the induction actually happens.
Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?
- Yes, but that won't happen until a few weeks after we return from our trip to Texas.
How long have you guys known that you were pregnant?
- We found out a few days after returning from our Outer Banks vacation, so we've known for about 7 weeks.
Now for the fun part....PICTURES!!!
9 Weeks #2