Charlotte turned nine months old last week. I can't believe that in just three short months, my baby will be a year old! Charlotte's ninth month has been a very busy one. Here's a rundown of what she's been up to.
* Weight - 19 pounds, 7 ounces - 61st percentile
* Height - 28 1/2 inches - 81st percentile
* Head Circumference - 16 1/2 inches - 4th percentile
* Charlotte loves finger foods. She only has one tooth (broke through on Thanksgiving), so she can't eat a whole lot yet, but she'd sure like to!
* I truly thought that Charlotte was going to skip crawling and scooting. She seemed perfectly content getting around the room by rolling. The other night (December 13th), we were playing fetch with Bailey. I threw one of his toys, and she started off crawling right behind Bailey! She made it halfway across the room on her first try.
* This was the month of the ear infection. Charlotte had a double ear infection that just wouldn't go away. She kept getting colds, and they would make the ear infections worse. The doctor thought at one point that Charlotte might have had pneumonia too, so she had to get a chest x-ray. Thankfully, the chest x-ray showed that it was *just* bronchitis. At Charlotte's 9-month well baby visit, the doctor said that Charlotte's ears still aren't all the way healed, but they are a lot better than they were three weeks ago.
* Another thing we found out at Charlotte's 9-month appointment was that she is slightly anemic. The doctor put her on iron supplements. They will check her again next month when I take Trenton in for his 2-year appointment.
* Charlotte's ear infections totally threw off her sleep schedule. Jarrod and I were spending most of the night up with a screaming baby (Trenton somehow was able to sleep through Charlotte's screams) during the worst of her infections. Most nights, Charlotte and I ended up downstairs on the couch where I would sit up and hold her. She is not back to sleeping through the night, but getting up 1-2 times in the middle of the night is much better than being up all night!
* Charlotte is a cruising girl! She can pull up on just about anything and has gotten really good at cruising around the furniture. She hasn't gotten brave enough to let go yet, but she has pretty good balance holding on with one hand.