Daddy is out for a little while longer, so I can post these without having to worry about ruining his Valentine’s Day surprises!
I had a lot of fun thinking up cute homemade valentines for the kids to make this year. Here is what I came up with.
Valentine’s Day Heart Collage
What you need:
- Old Magazines
- Construction Paper
1. Go through old magazines and cut out pink, purple, or red pictures. Great for color recognition!
2. Glue pieces of magazine onto construction paper leaving no construction paper showing.
3. After the glue is dry, cut your paper into a heart shape. (I did this step for Trenton since we haven’t conquered good scissor skills yet)
4. We were lucky enough to find a message for the center of the heart in a magazine, but if you can’t find one, print something off the computer and glue it to the center of your heart.
5. Have your child sign and date the back so you can look back on this cute Valentine for years to come!
Love Bug Hand and Foot Painting
What you need:
- Paint – Red & Pink (or white to mix with red to make pink)
- White Paper
- Paint brush
- Paper towels
- Pipe cleaner
1. Paint your child’s foot red. I have a 10 month old wiggle worm, so I found that it was quickest and easiest to spread the paint with a paper towel.
2. Press foot down in center of paper. Wash foot.
3. Paint child’s left hand with pink paint and press onto left side of footprint. Wash hand.
4. Repeat step three with right hand.
5. Let paint dry completely.
6. Cut a pipe cleaner in half and shape into antennae.
7. Glue in place at the top of the footprint.
8. Draw a face on footprint.
9. Write a fun message along with child’s name and the year.
I had a lot of fun working on these projects with the kids. Trenton loved searching through the magazines to help me find pictures to cut out. He isn’t a big fan of getting his hands messy, so he was very neat with the glue. Charlotte thought that getting her foot painted was funny, but she was not so happy about getting her hands painted. We had to move fast! I can’t wait for Jarrod to get these. I’m sure that he’ll love them! I hope that you enjoy these quick kiddie krafts too!
This post is linked to: