Our house was “spooked” last week. We were left a can of candy and a note giving us 48 hours to decorate our front door/porch for Halloween and then pass on the love to other families in the neighborhood.
With Evelyn’s stomach bug, we didn’t quite make the deadline given, but yesterday we finally got our porch decorated.
The kids picked out a mum and pumpkins yesterday after school, and I finished up a wreath last night.
I’ve never made a wreath before, but I was pretty happy with how this turned out. Especially since I just used stuff that I found around the house. A wreath form from the diaper wreath at my Monterey baby shower, burlap from Charlotte’s strawberry themed birthday party, a broken piece of pallet wood, and paint and tulle that I had with my craft supplies. I’m thinking about changing out the pallet slat each season so that I can use the same wreath for all holidays.
We may have to go with a different theme next year though. Charlotte and Trenton want a monster wreath with scary sound effects. Apparently “boo” painted on a wreath isn’t scary enough for them!