It’s no secret that I don’t have a lot of experience with cold winters. We lived in Williamsburg/Yorktown, Virginia for four winters, and we had some snow, but nothing like what we can expect to get here in Pennsylvania.
So, I’m hoping that y’all can help me out with some of my questions.
1) I have Raynaud’s so my hands and feet get cold easily. I have a couple really good pairs of gloves, but I need something for my feet. I’ve tried wool socks over two pairs of regular socks. Even with all those socks, my feet still get cold and go numb. Plus that many socks are just uncomfortable. Any suggestions on what kind of socks I should get?
2) Do we need snow boots? Or will our regular rain boots work?
3) Should I buy the kids long johns? Or go with fleece lined pants? Or both?
4) We can only fit one vehicle (mine) in our garage. What does Jarrod need for his? Should he use water to get ice off of his windshield/windows? Or buy/make some sort of solution?
5) What about Bailey (our Lhasa Apso)? Does he need winter weather gear? How do I keep him from getting snow matted on his underside every time he goes out?
5) What else am I forgetting about?
I did get our gloves, mittens, hats, headbands, scarves, etc. organized and ready for use! I got this awesome idea from a friend at MOPS.
Thanks in advance for your help. Bring it on, winter!